FAQs & Policies
Our studio etiquette is based on our studio core values and is in place to ensure a positive experience in our space for all practitioners, teachers and staff.
Mindfulness First • Honor the Space • Mutual Respect
- Be courteous and kind always. Anyone who is rude to our employees or independently contracted instructors will be asked to promptly leave the space.
- Arrive on time for your class. If something comes up, like being stuck in traffic, please let us know; however, if you are later than 5 min. past class start time, you will not be able to take class. All clients must adhere to our Studio Terms.
- Be mindful of your voice volume inside of the studio lobby, in restrooms, and in yoga rooms.
- Silence cell-phones before entering the studio lobby. Lock your phone in a restroom cubby or leave it in your car; it does not belong in the yoga room. (Exceptions can be made if absolutely necessary, like being on-call for work, in which case please keep your phone silenced and out of sight.) If you have an Apple-watch, silence it during in-studio classes and set it before class begins.
- Be mindful of where you park. The onsite parking lot is for condo residents only so give yourself ample time to find a spot on-street around the studio.
Platinum Rule • Recognize your Impact • Respect the experience
- Treat others the way they want to be treated; if you are not sure, ask! 🙂
- Minimize your footprint on the earth. Use only the resources you need. (For example: keep your showers at the studio as brief as possible, bring and fill your own water bottle, etc.)
- Minimize any negative impact on others. (For example: unpleasant body odor, perfumes, offensive language.)
- Stay for the duration of your class. We understand there are times when you cannot avoid leaving early; we appreciate communication with the teacher and staff as well as choosing a mat space closest to the exit in those rare events.
- No glass containers in the studio.
Embody Compassion • Energy is Contagious • Celebrate Diversity
- Take care of yourself and listen to your body when you are taking a class with FLY. Rest when you need, for as long as you need to, and join back in with your class when you feel ready.
- Leave negativity outside the studio as often as possible; we are all here to uplift and support each other in those good and not-so-good times.
- Say “hello” to others practicing around you and help us foster a warm and welcoming environment for all.
- Share your love of your practice at FLY by inviting others to join with you!
Recognize Practicing Yoga is a Gift • Cherish Your Time Dedicated • Honor One Another
- All clients must adhere to our studio policies as well as any applicable public health related mandates from our governing bodies, which may change from time to time.
- Check your “to-do” list at the front door so you can fully be on your mat: body, mind, and spirit.
- Be patient with yourself and your practice; where you are today is perfect.
- Thank your teachers for your classes taught, thank others around you for sharing their energy with you, and take time to thank yourself for showing up to your mat!