FAQs & Policies
Our studio etiquette is based on our studio core values and is in place to ensure a positive experience in our space for all practitioners, teachers and staff.
Mindfulness First • Honor the Space • Mutual Respect
- Be courteous and kind always. Anyone who is rude to our employees or independently contracted instructors will be asked to promptly leave the space.
- Arrive on time for your class. If something comes up, like being stuck in traffic, please let us know; however, if you are later than 5 min. past class start time, you will not be able to take class. All clients must adhere to our Studio Terms.
- Be mindful of your voice volume inside of the studio lobby, in restrooms, and in yoga rooms.
- Silence cell-phones before entering the studio lobby. Lock your phone in a restroom cubby or leave it in your car; it does not belong in the yoga room. (Exceptions can be made if absolutely necessary, like being on-call for work, in which case please keep your phone silenced and out of sight.) If you have an Apple-watch, silence it during in-studio classes and set it before class begins.
- Backpacks and bags should stay out of the yoga room. We have complimentary locks available at the front desk.
- Be mindful of where you park. The onsite parking lot is for condo residents only so give yourself ample time to find a spot on-street around the studio.
Platinum Rule • Recognize your Impact • Respect the experience
- Treat others the way they want to be treated; if you are not sure, ask! 🙂
- Minimize your footprint on the earth. Use only the resources you need. (For example: keep your showers at the studio as brief as possible, bring and fill your own water bottle, etc.)
- Minimize any negative impact on others. (For example: unpleasant body odor, perfumes, offensive language.)
- Stay for the duration of your class. We understand there are times when you cannot avoid leaving early; we appreciate communication with the teacher and staff as well as choosing a mat space closest to the exit in those rare events.
- No glass containers in the studio.
- Handstands are fun, but please do not kick up onto the mirrors.
Embody Compassion • Energy is Contagious • Celebrate Diversity
- Take care of yourself and listen to your body when you are taking a class with FLY. Rest when you need, for as long as you need to, and join back in with your class when you feel ready.
- Leave negativity outside the studio as often as possible; we are all here to uplift and support each other in those good and not-so-good times.
- Say “hello” to others practicing around you and help us foster a warm and welcoming environment for all.
- Share your love of your practice at FLY by inviting others to join with you!
Forever a Student • Community First • Show Up Fully
- The practice of yoga is a lifelong dedication to learning. While we encourage you to rest as needed and to find variations of poses that work best for your body, please follow along with the class sequence or find variations of poses within the class sequences presented that work and feel best for your body.
- Your yoga practice is part of your self-care routine but please remember we are all in this together. No comparisons. No judgments.
Recognize Practicing Yoga is a Gift • Cherish Your Time Dedicated • Honor One Another
- All clients must adhere to our studio policies as well as any applicable public health related mandates from our governing bodies, which may change from time to time.
- Check your “to-do” list at the front door so you can fully be on your mat: body, mind, and spirit.
- Be patient with yourself and your practice; where you are today is perfect.
- Thank your teachers for your classes taught, thank others around you for sharing their energy with you, and take time to thank yourself for showing up to your mat!